2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Custom Font Bevel Reflect Version 1.00 - 1.06

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Custom Font Bevel Reflect Version 1.00 - 1.04

Post#31 by Krikor » 09 Dec 2020, 18:11

Hi Skinnyhouse,

While I was playing with the plugin, an idea came up. :idea:

Would it be possible to create a plugin similar to Custom Font Bevel Reflect Version 1.00 - 1.04, but not intended for Custom Fonts but for Alpha for selection? (Alpha to logo)

Bevel Reflect to Logo already does something like that, it allows me to make multiple selections on one layer and apply the effect to those selections, but that only on one layer. If the desired areas are on other layers and I don't want to merge them, I will have to make the selections layer after layer.

In addition, the BRL does not have the option of Random Emap, and for example, to color the balls of a Christmas tree I would have to do in several steps.
Even to apply shine in these selections; after Emaps have been applied for BRL, the process is very manual. For CFBR V1.04, this would be done in all selections and in all layers at once.

I don't know if I was clear, if I managed to expose my idea. But in summary it would be a plugin like CFBR V1.04 directed to Alpha for Selection in all visible layers.

What do you think? Possible?
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#32 by skinnyhouse » 10 Dec 2020, 09:37

Sorry Krikor but I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.
Is there a before and after image to help me see what you mean?

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#33 by Krikor » 14 Dec 2020, 14:03

skinnyhouse wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 09:37
Sorry Krikor but I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.
Is there a before and after image to help me see what you mean?
Skinnyhouse, I tried to find another way to put my comment above, but my vocabulary is limited in this Shakespeare language.
About an image with a before and an after, I can't imagine anything, since there would be no changes in that direction. The image would be the same before and after, what would change would be the way the plugins would proceed.

Maybe I think of another way to better clarify my post above. Possibly a simulation with images.

Thanks for listening.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#34 by skinnyhouse » 14 Dec 2020, 15:15

Krikor yes please (and I think you do very well in the Shakespeare).

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#35 by skinnyhouse » 14 Dec 2020, 18:52

Version 1.05 (post #1) adds a 'Random sequence' option to the filter 'Emap to character'. The two images below illustrate the two random options with a set of 5 coloured emaps.

First the 'Random' option which randomly uses the available emaps.
Random.png
Random.png # (182.77 KiB) Viewed 1643 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
The 'Random sequence' option randomly uses each emap before beginning a new sequence. This ensures that all the emaps are used more often and is less prone to clumping the same emaps together.
Random_Sequence.png
Random_Sequence.png # (181.35 KiB) Viewed 1643 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#36 by Issabella » 15 Dec 2020, 06:49

Thank you so much Skinnyhouse. This new version 1.05 works perfectly. :gimp_clap:
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#37 by Issabella » 15 Dec 2020, 08:57

Sorry, Skinnyhouse, I ran the script v1.05 yesterday without any problem. Today, it stops. I can't understand it.
Thanks for your help
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg # (53.6 KiB) Viewed 1632 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
Issabella

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#38 by Issabella » 15 Dec 2020, 11:32

I closed Gimp and opened it again and now it is working great. No problem at all. Thanks, Skinnyhouse for your patience. :hammer_head:
Issabella

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#39 by skinnyhouse » 15 Dec 2020, 12:47

That's good but I am finding it hard to read the error message - which may be worth looking at for future reference. Wonder if it came from a larger screenshot - perhaps the snipping tool in Windows 10 would produce clearer images?

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#40 by Krikor » 15 Dec 2020, 15:48

skinnyhouse wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 18:52
The 'Random sequence' option randomly uses each emap before beginning a new sequence. This ensures that all the emaps are used more often and is less prone to clumping the same emaps together.
Hi Skinnyhouse,

About version 1.05:

Testing since yesterday and without errors.

However, some factors are worth considering:
1- Not all emaps contained in the .xcf file are used in random mode. At least I found that one was always left out in the tests I did.
In the image below there was a repetition of the red color - At xcf there were 10 emaps available.
BRL15bc.png
Krikor - Testing BRL V 1.05 1
BRL15bc.png # (51.24 KiB) Viewed 1614 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
2- Sometimes the plugin places one of the results out of its position, placing it at the top left.
In the image below, 16 selections were colored, using only 08 of the 09 emaps available in xcf.
BRL15a.png
Krikor - Testing BRL V 1.05 2
BRL15a.png # (64.06 KiB) Viewed 1614 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
3 - I noticed that the surrounding circumference of the applied BRLs is irregular, and with a certain degree of irregular pixalization.

Perhaps question of adjustments in the settings? - I always used defaults in the tests.
BRL15birregularcircumference.png
Krikor - Testing BRL V 1.05 3
BRL15birregularcircumference.png # (74.89 KiB) Viewed 1614 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
In the image above, the expectation was to have something like the blue circumference (Obtained with manual adjustments) - the others are irregular.

4 - I noticed that the plugin is also applying emaps to selections without '.png'.
Usually the plugin is expected to run in layers with names like "Letra.png", but I got results with only one letter name, without the '.png'

In a way this is welcome, it goes against the idea that I tried to propose in post #31.

Obtained with manual adjustments
BR15.gif
Krikor - Testing BRL V 1.05 4
BR15.gif # (16.97 KiB) Viewed 1614 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
I manually adjusted the blue circumference. But for many teams the job would take time.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic