2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Custom Font Tools

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
gimpturkey
Newly Registered

Re: Custom Font Tools

Post#11 by gimpturkey » 25 Dec 2020, 21:32

will I work by moving these ready-made fonts one by one or is there a plug-in?
GIMP Learn rocks...

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#12 by skinnyhouse » 27 Dec 2020, 10:44

Hi there...
Sorry but I'm not sure if you mean a plug-in to get all the custom fonts in one go (the answer is not that I know of) or if you are looking for a plug-in to use the custom fonts?

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#13 by Krikor » 03 Jan 2021, 17:04

Wow! This topic was super helpful!

I found plugins here that I only read about but couldn't find anywhere, as well as tutorials that took away many of my doubts. A real oasis of information in this immensity of information about custom Fonts.

Although some of the plugins available in "Custom Font Tools R12 With Guide.zip" - post #1, are not up to date, and others (such as Custom Font Bevel Reflect 1.6) are not related to it, this was one of the most instructive posts that found since I started researching custom fonts.

Thx!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#14 by skinnyhouse » 03 Jan 2021, 18:15

Thanks Krikor.

Since the last release I think that I have updated about 4 or 5 of the tools to some degree so a new release is feasable. People are always discovering little (and even big) things that need doing. Keeps me out of mischief.

Also have Gimp 3.0 in the back of my mind and wondering if that is on the horizon for this year - in view of the latest developmental version on Gimp.Org.

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#15 by skinnyhouse » 02 Feb 2021, 07:12

Release13.jpg
Release13.jpg # (146.38 KiB) Viewed 1239 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)
Release 13 is now available at the top of thread in post #1

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#16 by Krikor » 03 Feb 2021, 00:18

Skinnyhouse, the Custom Font Noise Pack is included in the list of plugins in ToolGuide.pdf but is not contained in .ZIP

Excellent updating and organization of tools for Custom fonts! :gimp_clap:
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#17 by skinnyhouse » 03 Feb 2021, 07:20

:thumbsup: Thanks for the heads up K. Overlooked Noise pack returned to the zipped folder now.

BTW the latest version of the Single path stroker filter seems to have sorted out the issues that we were discussing on that thread.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#18 by Krikor » 19 Apr 2021, 17:18

Just noting that in relation to "Custom Font Tools R13 With Guide.zip #" there are at least two new updates:

Custom Font FaceMaker Version 0.06 (14 April 2021) -->> viewtopic.php?p=35783#p35783

Folder Thumbnailer Utility updated to Version 0.03 (19 April 2021) -->> viewtopic.php?p=35822#p35822

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#19 by skinnyhouse » 20 Apr 2021, 09:56

Will probably wait until I have another couple of filter updates before the next release is updated though. :thumbsup:

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#20 by Krikor » 24 Apr 2021, 16:48

Krikor wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 17:18
Just noting that in relation to "Custom Font Tools R13 With Guide.zip #" there are at least two new updates:

Custom Font FaceMaker Version 0.06 (14 April 2021) -->> viewtopic.php?p=35783#p35783

Folder Thumbnailer Utility updated to Version 0.03 (19 April 2021) -->> viewtopic.php?p=35822#p35822

Another update! :cool:

Custom_Font_Outlines_Only_v004.py # (24 April 2021) -->> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2953&p=35913#p35913

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic