2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Update to Custom Font Sheen N Shine to Version 0.06

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Update to Custom Font Sheen N Shine to Version 0.06

Post#1 by skinnyhouse » 03 May 2021, 08:57

Custom_Font_Sheen_N_Shine_v006.py #
(37.61 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Download and install to your user plug-in folder. Access from Filters>>Custom Font Tools>>Custom Font Sheen N Shine v0.06

This update resolves an issue identified by GJL in which unsatisfactory results are obtained when the shine effect is applied to certain custom fonts. The fonts affected tend to have very square shapes.

See Post 21 from the link below

viewtopic.php?p=35970#p35970

The update adds a new option 'Tweak emboss' set with a default value of 1:

dialog_006.jpg
dialog_006.jpg # (52.87 KiB) Viewed 92 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)

This basically creates a very fine blur to the edges of a custom font character allowing the shine filter to be applied more effectively.

Below GJL's example with the old version on the left and the update applied on the right:

Before-After-GJL.png
Before-After-GJL.png # (28.27 KiB) Viewed 92 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)

Below the new update applied to the bottom set of characters to a font called Square Wise:

Before-After.png
Before-After.png # (57.88 KiB) Viewed 92 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#2 by Krikor » 03 May 2021, 14:51

Hi Skinnyhouse,

I was not particularly able to reproduce that unwanted effect pointed out by the GJL.

When comparing versions v0.04 (my previous version) and this one (v0.06) I noticed a sharp (brighter) highlight in this last one, in relation to the previous one.

Fortunately, using the value 0 (zero) in the option "Tweak emboss" (new option), it is possible to obtain the same result that was obtained before with version 0.04.
So the question of brightness, more discreet or accentuated has become an option with this new version. :thumbsup:

Thanks for another improvement!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#3 by skinnyhouse » 03 May 2021, 18:13

Thanks K:
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Took the opportunity to squash a couple of bugs that also became apparent in rare circumstances - so quite a productive upgrade really.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic